Admission is $10 for adults, free for children 12 and under. Passports are available at all sites on the tour and ticket proceeds benefit the Building Blocks Scholarships (to support the education of CPI, SCASD, Penn State and Penn College students who are seeking continued education in the building industry). Be sure to drop off those passports at the last location you visit to be entered to win an iPad!
If you’re interested in learning more about the home-buying process, Brian Allen of Fulton Mortgage Company will be present during the Parade to offer his guidance. You can find him on Friday, October 12th and Saturday, October 13th in the Fine Line Home, and on Sunday the 14th at the Copper Beech Prescot Townhomes.
Our Bachman Home for the 2012 Parade of Homes is the "Serenity." This Adirondack-style home was designed and constructed over a five-year timeline and is NAHB Green rated. Every detail in this home reflects custom craftsmanship; exactly what you’d expect in a Bachman home… where “the excitement is building."
S&A Homes presents two homes, one in Foxpointe and the other in Hunter’s Chase. In Hunter’s Chase, each home features unique Arts & Crafts style architecture in addition to upgraded landscaping packages, parks, sidewalks and a perfect location just minutes from Downtown State College and Penn State.
Foxpointe offers the ultimate in convenience, amenities and value. Located less than 2 miles from the Penn State Campus and Downtown State College, this planned community offers bike paths, community parks, a picnic pavillion, volleyball, open space, sidewalks and much more! With Craftsman style designs starting in the $270's, it's no wonder Foxpointe is one of State College's most admired communities.
Fine Line Homes presents the move-in ready "Wilson" in their Springfield development.The development is located outside Bellefonte near the village of Zion (a 15-minute drive to State College). The 4 bedroom, 2/5 bath Wilson includes 1,971 square feet of living space, two car garage and 965 square feet of unfinished area in the basement.
- Oak Stair
Treads, Oak Railing with Painted Risers, and a Yorktowne Highlight Semi Custom
- Hardwood Flooring in Foyer, Powder Room, Kitchen and Dinette, along with Ceramic tile in both second floor Bath's.
Efficiency Heat Pump with custom fit Blown in Blanket Wall insulation.
Stainless Steel Appliance Package which include Ceramic Top
Range, Above the Range
Microwave, Dishwasher & Garbage Disposal.
- Complete Landscaping Package and Paved Drive with a 14'x12' Treated Deck with views of the Nittany Valley.
Nestled in beautiful State College, PA, The Prescot at Oakwood offers expertly crafted townhomes with premium living space at an excellent value. The Prescot’s convenient location, which is just minutes from the shops and restaurants of downtown State College, Beaver Stadium, Wegman’s, The Bryce Jordan Center, and more, makes it the perfect environment for you, your family, and friends!
- This luxury 3 bedroom, 3 ½ bath townhome features over 2450 sq ft of living space and abundant storage. There is still time to customize your new luxury home!
- Conveniently located near shopping, dining, CATA bus route, PSU and I-99 Entertaining your friends and family is easy with this great floor plan and a rear deck.
- Special features include granite countertops, tray ceilings, beautiful hardwood flooring and a 2-car garage.
- Association fee includes sewer, water, trash, basic cable, exterior insurance, snow removal and landscaping.
Traditions of America (TOA) is Pennsylvania's leading builder of 55+ lifestyle communities. TOA is presenting two homes in Liberty Hills, which was awarded the Silver Medal for Best 50+ Housing Community by the National Association of Home Builders and voted Best Retirement Community by the readers of State College magazine. The community features single and garden homes, a magnificent Clubhouse, and amenities galore. Come see how you can Live Better at Liberty Hill!
- Homes options
include open floor plans and vaulted ceilings with sunroom additions.
- Guest bedroom and bath set apart from other living spaces provides a peaceful guest retreat.
kitchens with island and roomy walk-in pantry is a chef's dream.
- Oversized master suites with luxurious master bath creates an in-home sanctuary.
- Spacious dining area adjoining the kitchen creates the perfect setting for a dinner party.
Cisney & O'Donnell and Scott's Landscaping are teaming up to bring you this spectacular pool, pool house, patio and landscape.
Over the last 20 years, Scott’s Landscaping’s educated and certified staff has assisted in the planning, implementation and follow-through of landscape projects in the Centre region. While known for providing unsurpassed landscape & hardscape installation and maintenance services, Scott’s also offers lawn care, outdoor lighting, paver cleaning and sealing, irrigation, erosion control and bulk materials.
Since 1969, Cisney & O'Donnell has been serving central Pennsylvania. Their decades of outstanding quality, customer service and remodeling experience make them one of the largest remodelers and custom builders in the area. Great attention to detail spans the entire remodeling experience – from initial consultation, layout and design, implementation and final project completion.
- A custom built rectangular pool with fully automatic pool safety cover that is simple to operate with one touch of the button. There are custom wedding cake steps that are non-corrosive & non-abrasive. Complete with tread pattern to provide a slip-resistant finish.
- The pool house features a fully functioning kitchen with granite counter top/bar that opens up into the covered patio complete with flat screen tv, and a half-bath with an adjoining laundry area stocked with towels for the pool parties. Additionally, there is an outdoor shower just around the side to rinse off after a fantastic day at the pool.
- A multi-level patio system with built-in fire place was designed for entertaining a family or large gathering, with an outdoor kitchen that showcases a professional grade stainless steel built-in grill, refrigerator and granite countertops.
- Landscape lighting accents the multi-levels of patios, walkways, seat walls, pillars, pool and plantings, including lush landscape plantings which provide color throughout every season, while also establishing privacy and a dramatic aesthetic.
Founded in 1957 by Robert W. Behrer and currently operated by his son, Kirk, the company has provided landscape contracting services in Central Pennsylvania for over fifty years. For this year’s Parade, Robert W. Behrer is showcasing THREE landscapes – you can truly see options for every budget!
- The first residence is located in a natural setting with hardscaping and planting design and materials to blend into the same. Natural stone for patio and walkways from driveway parking areas to entrance of home and for access to patio. The rose and herb garden with natural stone pathway. Upland wildlife forage and clover meadow-mix seeding in lieu of lawn. Mostly using indigenous or closely related cultivars of trees, shrubs and ornamental grasses to blend into the natural setting. Concrete fire pit by patio.
- The 2ndresidential project incorporates a variety of hardscaping elements, aluminum fencing, lawn installation and landscape plantings, creating a pleasant setting for private enjoyment. Paver patio and walkway, wet cast step treads and double-sided sitting/privacy wall with lighting at patio. Natural stone step treads and pavers for access from back patio to lower basement entrance. Segmental retaining wall at front of residence to retain and soften slope. Ornamental aluminum fencing and lawn installation. Trees, shrubs, ornamental grasses and perennials with various colors, textures and characteristics for seasonal interest, along with limestone boulder accents.
- The last project uses a variety of hardscaping elements to create areas for family gathering and entertainment. Using pavers for two patios with a walkway connecting both patios, as well as around a portion of pool deck. Square fire pit with liner. Ornamental aluminum fencing to replace chain-link fencing around swimming pool. Two different types of segmental retaining walls with lighting to retain slopes or grade changes and also to create steps.
With over 14 years of experience in the green industry, JRS is bringing a fresh prospective on design and service to central Pennsylvania. They offer full design and installation services for all your Hardscaping, Landscaping, and Maintenance needs. The design of this project started with a seed of the customer’s idea, and with the nurturing experience of JRS Landscaping it grew into a beautiful landscape. With JRS’s design process and superior customer service, they created a quality product at an affordable price.
- 600 sq. ft. patio and walkway, with front walkway and capped porch
- 6x6 and 6x9 pavers in two different patterns, with a circle pattern in accenting color
- 18” double sided sitting wall
State College Design and Construction specializes in combining client input, functional requirements and environmental context to create and build beautiful homes, additions and remodels. On this residential deck, they have a created a space which draws people in and invites them to linger.
- Combines practicality of synthetic decking material with the warmth and beauty of natural timbers and tongue and groove ceiling.
- Powdercoated steel plates accent the timber framed trusses.
- Indirect lighting helps create a warm environment.
- Beautiful oak and steel handrail adds a striking accent.