Rules & Regulations
1. EXHIBIT TIME: Friday, March 6th 3 pm to 8 pm, Saturday, March 7th 10 am to 7 pm, Sunday, March 8th 10 am to 3 pm.
2. INSTALLATION TIME/MOVE-IN: Wednesday, March 4th, Thursday, March 5th and Friday, March 6th 7 am to 12 pm. Please note: the use of skid loaders is prohibited. Forklifts operated by BACP staff are available for use. All exhibits should be completed by 1 pm on Friday.
3. OUTDOOR SPACES: Tents, signs, and vehicles must be confined to the assigned / approved spaces, and not infringe on the passing lanes, pedestrian walkways, ADA or emergency service access. Tents are to be set-up using weights only. Electricity is not provided.
4. DISPLAYS: All exhibits must be designed, constructed and operated in good taste and in the best interest of the Show. Cleaning and maintenance of the booth will be the responsibility of the exhibitor. All displays must be restrained within the limits of the exhibitors’ booth or booths. Backdrops will be provided in the form of 8’curtains and 3’side curtains when requested.
5. EXHIBIT LOCATION: The Association reserves the right to alter locations of exhibitors or of booths as shown on the official floor plan if deemed in the best interest of the show.
6. PRIZE DRAWING, AWARDS etc.: Exhibitors may be permitted to conduct prize drawings or make awards for signing of names and addresses. Sign-ups for drawings should be located in exhibit booths so as not to impede the flow of traffic in main aisles. Leads generated are only for the purpose of your business and MAY NOT be sold or otherwise distributed. Any exhibitor found in violation of this regulation will not be permitted to participate in future Home Shows.
7. STAFFING OF EXHIBITS: All exhibits are to be staffed and neatly maintained throughout the duration of the Show. Violators will be subject to loss of right to register next year.
8. TEAR DOWN / LOAD OUT: Tear down begins at the close of the Show on Sunday, March 8th at 3 pm and Monday, March 9th at 8 am. Load out instructions are below. All display items / exhibit materials MUST be removed from the venue by 5 pm on Monday. Violators risk losing materials and /or incurring fines.
9. MOVE-OUT: All exhibitors will be issued a move-out ticket by a show volunteer once their display is completely dismantled (after 3:00 pm on Sunday). Ticket grants exhibitor’s vehicle access to the loading dock area. Exhibitors without a ticket will not be permitted to enter the loading dock area. Displays are to be completely dismantled and ready to be loaded up before ticket is issued. Multiple tickets will be issued for exhibitors who have multiple vehicles to load. Exhibitors who need to retrieve containers, crates, pallets or other items from their vehicles in order to dismantle must make Show volunteers aware of their need and will be given instructions.
10. ELECTRICAL OUTLETS/FLOOR DRAINS: Electricity will be 110-volt and will be available upon request in certain areas of the dome. 220-volt power must be arranged with the Association and is only available in Wall Sites in the one corner of the dome. No Electricity is available in the gym.
11. WATER FEATURES IN EXHIBITS: Water features are only permitted in the dome.
12. SUBLETTING: Exhibitor shall not sublet or share with another vendor, any part of the space herein contracted unless special approval has been received from the Home Show Committee and special fees established.
13. FOOD: Sample sized food and water giveaways are permitted in exhibit booths.
14. MERCHANDISE SALES: Cash sales are permitted. Exhibitors are responsible for charging all applicable sales taxes. Exhibitors are responsible for the safekeeping of any cash or credit information. The Builders Association of Central PA and C3 Sports claim no responsibility for the safekeeping of these items.
15. SOLICITATION: There is to be absolutely NO SOLICITATION of exhibitors or of visitors outside your exhibit booth at any time. Visitors who engage in solicitation of exhibitors or other visitors will be removed from the venue. Exhibitors are asked to not engage solicitors and to notify C3 personnel or Show volunteers immediately.
16. INSURANCE: All exhibitors must provide a current certificate of liability insurance as part of their Home and Garden Show registration. Coverage dates MUST be through March 31, 2020.
17. LIABILITY: The Association will not be liable for any damage done to exhibits, by fire or any other natural element, nor will it be liable for injuries to exhibitors or their employees, for damage to property in their custody, owned or controlled by them, which claims for damages, injuries, etc. may be incident to, arise from, or be connected with their use or occupation of space, and the exhibitor shall indemnify and hold the management harmless against any such claim. As a condition of registration and participation, all exhibitors shall be required to and expressly agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Association, its officers, employees, and agents from and against any loss, expense, or claim, including reasonable attorney's fees, as a result of any action or failure to act on the part of exhibitor, its employees, or agents. Exhibitors MUST use cardboard, plywood or some type of support under exhibits weighing over 100 lbs. Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own support materials.
18. DESTRUCTION OF PREMISES: Exhibitors are liable for any damages it, its employees, or agents cause without limitation. Fines or other expenses incurred as a result of damage caused by exhibitors will be paid by the exhibitor. The exhibitor is prohibited from using any fasteners of any type to secure any portion of his exhibit to the floor or provided tables. Exhibitors may not apply paint, lacquer, adhesive, or any other coating to building columns, floor or walls or to provide booth equipment.
19. HELIUM TANKS: Helium tanks are prohibited at the Show with the exception of ‘Party-Size’ tanks.
20. SECURITY: Association will engage security staff during the course of the Home Show but assumes no liability for loss or damage by any cause.
21. SOUND DEVICES AND AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: Unnecessary noises, loud attention-getters or loud radio, TV, organ music or any other type of noisy demonstration, including PA systems are prohibited. Video machines, including slide projectors may be used provided that any accompanying audio is maintained at a level so as not to disturb other exhibitors.
22. TOBACCO USE: No smoking, chewing or vaping will be allowed in the facility.
23. PARKING: All exhibitors will be required to park in designated parking areas. Before and after show hours free shuttles will run on a schedule that will be released at the Home Show Kickoff Event. During Show hours the shuttle will be on will call basis only.
24. EXHIBITOR NAME TAGS/PASSES: Exhibitors will be permitted to enter the building free of charge during the Show with pass issued by the Association. Exhibitors will be issued four (4) passes for one (1) exhibit site and six (6) passes for two (2) or more exhibit sites and will admit the exhibitor all three days. Additional passes may be purchased for $2.00 each to be used for booth staff. Any exhibitor that does not have a pass will be asked to purchase an admission ticket upon arrival at the venue.
25. BANNERS/SIGNS: All signage must be contained within the exhibitor’s own space. Outward facing logos that are visible within the space of other exhibitors are not permitted. Head signs above 8’ height may be displayed if the backs of the signs facing away from the inside of the booth are blank or covered so as not to be objectionable to surrounding exhibitors. All exposed parts of the exhibit, particularly backs of walls, must be finished so as not to be objectionable to other exhibitors or the Association.
26. EQUIPMENT: Extra equipment needed in the booth (tables, chairs, carpet) can be contracted and paid for through the Association as part of the registration process. Expenses incurred through use of special equipment (forklift, etc.) will be paid by the Association. Exhibitors may bring their own carpeting, chairs, tables, etc. Tables must be covered and skirted.
27. VIOLATIONS: Any violations of any of the terms and conditions of these Rules and Regulations on the part of the exhibitors shall at option of Association annul the lease to occupy space and such exhibitor then will forfeit to the Association all monies which may have been paid. Exhibitors in violation of rules during the Show may forfeit their right to register as an exhibitor for the 2021 Home Show.
28. CANCELLATIONS: Any exhibitor needing to cancel their space in the 2020 BACP Home Show for any reason should notify the BACP Office as soon as possible. If you paid in full at time of registration, refunds of 50% will be made prior to January 1st. No refunds will be made after that date or for those exhibitors who paid a 50% deposit.
29. MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Exhibitors eligible for the member registration rate must be current with the Association on all outstanding fees and dues owed. Membership MUST BE CURRENT with the BACP through the dates of the Home Show. Those exhibitors with lapsed memberships will be responsible for the difference between the member and non-member registration rate.
30. OUTSTANDING FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS: All exhibitors must be in good financial standing with the Builders Association to participate in the Home Show. Any outstanding financial obligation will need to be resolved before a registration form will be accepted.
31. ADVERTISING: The use of the phrase “sponsored by” or any such similar wording shall not be used in any advertising or promotions by exhibitors unless prior authorization has been received from the Association.
32. PAYMENT OF FEES: Exhibitor registration is not complete and NO booth space will be reserved without at least a 50% non-refundable deposit. If you choose to pay in full, you will be eligible to collect a 50% refund until January 1st. Registration fees and corresponding deadlines are outlined on registration forms. Booths must be paid for in full by February 7th.
33. GENERAL: All matters and questions not covered by these regulations are subject to the decision of the Association. The Association may amend these rules and regulations at any time and all amendments that may be so made shall be equally binding upon publication on all parties affected by them as the original regulations.
34. COMPLIANCE OF REGULATIONS: The Exhibitor agrees that his exhibit shall be admitted and shall remain from day to day solely in strict compliance with the rules herein laid down.