1. EXHIBIT TIME: Friday, March 15th 3 pm to 8 pm, Saturday, March 16th 10 am to 7 pm, Sunday, March 17th 10 am to 3 pm.
2. INSTALLATION TIME/MOVE-IN: Thursday, March 14th 7 am to 3 pm and Friday, March 15th 7 am to 12 pm. Please note: the use of skid loaders is prohibited. Fork lifts will be available for use. All exhibits should be completed by 1 pm on Friday.
3. FOUNDERS LOUNGE EXHIBIT RESTRICTIONS: All materials/equipment need to be transported by push or hand carts with rubber wheels to prevent damage to ceramic tile floor. No pallet jacks are permitted for load in or out. This will be strictly enforced and violators will be fined. Electricity is limited to a maximum 5 amps/500 watts/110 volt. Construction is restricted to eight (8) feet in height in the Founders Lounge. Booths in the Founders Lounge are 10’ wide by 10’ deep. Booths may not exceed this size. This will be strictly enforced. No landscaping displays that involve hardscapes, pavers, dirt, mulch or stone permitted in the Founders Lounge. The use of water in a display is prohibited in the Founders Lounge. This will be strictly enforced.
4. OUTDOOR SPACES: Tents, signs, and vehicles must be confined to the assigned / approved spaces, and not infringe on the passing lanes, pedestrian walkways, ADA or emergency service access. Tents are to be set-up using weights only. Electricity is not provided.
5. DISPLAYS: All exhibits must be designed, constructed and operated in good taste and in the best interest of the Show. Cleaning and maintenance of the booth will be the responsibility of the exhibitor. All displays must be restrained within the limits of the exhibitors’ booth or booths. Backdrops will be provided in the form of 8’ curtains and 3’ side curtains.
6. EXHIBIT LOCATION: The Association reserves the right to alter locations of exhibitors or of booths as shown on the official floor plan if deemed in the best interest of the show.
7. PRIZE DRAWING, AWARDS etc.: Exhibitors may be permitted to conduct prize drawings or make awards for signing of names and addresses. Sign-ups for drawings should be located in exhibit booths so as not to impede the flow of traffic in main aisles. Leads generated are only for the purpose of your business and MAY NOT be sold or otherwise distributed. Any exhibitor found in violation of this regulation will not be permitted to participate in future Home and Garden Shows.
8. STAFFING OF EXHIBITS: All exhibits are to be staffed and neatly maintained throughout the duration of the Show. Violators will be subject to loss of right to register next year.
9. TEAR DOWN / LOAD OUT: Tear down begins at the close of the Show on Sunday, March 17th at 3 pm. Load out instructions will be delivered to your booth the weekend of the show. All display items / exhibit materials MUST be removed from the venue by 9 pm on Sunday. Violators risk losing materials and /or incurring fines. DO NOT PARK on Access Road behind loading dock entrance. Violators will be ticketed and / or towed.
10. MOVE-OUT - ARENA: All Arena exhibitors will be issued a move-out ticket by a show volunteer once their display is completely dismantled (after 3 pm on Sunday). Ticket grants exhibitor’s vehicle access to the loading dock area. Exhibitors without a ticket will not be permitted to enter the loading dock area. Displays are to be completely dismantled and ready to be loaded up before ticket is issued. Exhibitors must show load-out ticket to security guard / Show volunteers at the gate for entry. Multiple tickets will be issued for exhibitors who have multiple vehicles to load. Exhibitors who need to retrieve containers, crates, palates or other items from their vehicles in order to dismantle must make Show volunteers aware of their need and will be given instructions.
11. MOVE-OUT – FOUNDERS LOUNGE: All Founders Lounge exhibitors should use Main Entrance door for load out. Exhibits should be completely torn down prior to load out in order to allow access to gate doors to ALL exhibitors. Exhibitors may pull vehicles up to the door to load out. Once loaded, all vehicles should be promptly moved. NO PARKING is allowed in these areas during show times. Violators will be towed. Exhibitors MUST wait until the Show closes on Sunday at 3 pm to move vehicles into position for load-out. Violators will be ticketed by University Police.
12. ELECTRICAL OUTLETS/FLOOR DRAINS (ARENA): Electricity will be 110-volt and is available at each exhibit space. 220-volt power must be arranged with the Association and is only available in Wall (W) Sites on the Arena Floor. Exhibitors requiring water at their sites are only permitted in booths with floor drains. The use of water as part of a display is only permitted on the Arena level.
13. SUBLETTING: Exhibitor shall not sublet or share with another vendor, any part of the space herein contracted unless special approval has been received from the Home and Garden Show Committee and special fees established.
14. FOOD: No food giveaways are permitted in exhibit booths.
15. MERCHANDISE SALES: Cash sales are permitted if Exhibitor pays a $300 fee per booth from which you are conducting sales. Exhibitors are responsible for charging all applicable sales taxes. Exhibitors are responsible for the safekeeping of any cash or credit information. The Builders Association of Central PA and the Bryce Jordan Center claim no responsibility for the safekeeping of these items.
16. SOLICITATION: There is to be absolutely NO SOLICITATION of exhibitors or of visitors outside your exhibit booth at any time. Visitors who engage in solicitation of exhibitors or other visitors will be removed from the venue. Exhibitors are asked to not engage solicitors and to notify BJC personnel or Show volunteers immediately.
17. INSURANCE: All exhibitors must provide a current certificate of liability insurance as part of their Home and Garden Show registration. Coverage dates MUST be through March 31, 2019.
18. LIABILITY: The Association will not be liable for any damage done to exhibits, by fire or any other natural element, nor will it be liable for injuries to exhibitors or their employees, for damage to property in their custody, owned or controlled by them, which claims for damages, injuries, etc. may be incident to, arise from, or be connected with their use or occupation of space, and the exhibitor shall indemnify and hold the management harmless against any such claim. As a condition of registration and participation, all exhibitors shall be required to and expressly agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Association, its officers, employees, and agents from and against any loss, expense, or claim, including reasonable attorney's fees, as a result of any action or failure to act on the part of exhibitor, its employees, or agents.
19. DESTRUCTION OF PREMISES: Exhibitors are liable for any damages it, its employees, or agents cause without limitation. Fines or other expenses incurred as a result of damage caused by exhibitors will be paid by the exhibitor. The exhibitor is prohibited from using any fasteners of any type to secure any portion of his exhibit to the floor or provided tables. Exhibitors may not apply paint, lacquer, adhesive, or any other coating to building columns, floor or walls or to provided booth equipment.
20. HELIUM TANKS: Helium tanks are prohibited at the Show with the exception of ‘Party-Size’ tanks.
21. SECURITY: Association will engage security staff during the course of the Home and Garden Show but assumes no liability for loss or damage by any cause.
22. SOUND DEVICES AND AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: Unnecessary noises, loud attention-getters or loud radio, TV, organ music or any other type of noisy demonstration, including PA systems are prohibited. TVs and projectors may be used provided that any accompanying audio is maintained at a level so as not to disturb other exhibitors.
23. SMOKING: No smoking will be allowed in the facility.
24. PARKING: All exhibitors will be required to park in designated parking areas. Violators will be ticketed and/or towed.
25. EXHIBITOR NAME TAGS/PASSES: Exhibitors will be permitted to enter the building free of charge during the Show with name tag/pass issued by the Association. Exhibitors will be issued four (4) passes for one (1) exhibit site and six (6) passes for two (2) or more exhibit sites and will admit the exhibitor all three days. Additional passes may be purchased for $2.00 each to be used for booth staff. Any exhibitor that does not have a name tag/pass will be asked to purchase an admission ticket upon arrival at the venue.
26. DISPLAY HEIGHT: Construction of displays in excess of eight (8) feet in height shall be permitted in any space on the Arena floor only.
27. BANNERS/SIGNS: All signage must be contained within the exhibitors own space. Outward facing logos are visible within the space of other exhibitors and are not permitted. Head signs above 8’ height may be displayed if the backs of the signs facing away from the inside of the booth are blank or covered so as not to be objectionable to surrounding exhibitors. All exposed parts of the exhibit, particularly backs of walls, must be finished so as not to be objectionable to other exhibitors or the Association.
28. EQUIPMENT: Extra equipment needed in the booth (tables, chairs, carpet) can be contracted and paid for through the Association as part of the registration process. Expenses incurred through use of special equipment (forklift, etc.) will be paid by the Association. Exhibitors may bring their own carpeting, chairs, tables, etc. Tables must be covered and skirted.
29. VIOLATIONS: Any violations of any of the terms and conditions of these Rules and Regulations on the part of the exhibitors shall at option of Association annul the lease to occupy space and such exhibitor then will forfeit to the Association all monies which may have been paid. Exhibitors in violation of rules during the Show will forfeit their right to register as a prior year exhibitor for the 2020 Home and Garden Show.
30. CANCELLATIONS: Any exhibitor needing to cancel their space in the 2019 BACP Home and Garden Show for any reason should notify the BACP Office as soon as possible. If you paid in full at time of registration, refunds of 50% will be made prior to January 1st. No refunds will be made after that date or for those exhibitors who paid a 50% deposit.
31. MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Exhibitors eligible for the member registration rate must be current with the Association on all outstanding fees and dues owed. Membership MUST BE CURRENT with the BACP through the dates of the Home and Garden Show. Those exhibitors with lapsed memberships will be responsible for the difference between the member and non-member registration rate.
32. OUTSTANDING FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS: All exhibitors must be in good financial standing with the Builders Association to participate in the Home and Garden Show. Any outstanding financial obligation will need to be resolved before a registration form will be accepted.
32. ADVERTISING: The use of the phrase “sponsored by” or any such similar wording shall not be used in any advertising or promotions by exhibitors unless prior authorization has been received from the Association.
34. PAYMENT OF FEES: Exhibitor registration is not complete and NO booth space will be reserved without at least a 50% non- refundable deposit. If you choose to pay in full, you will be eligible to collect a 50% refund until January 1st. Registration fees and corresponding deadlines are outlined on registration forms.
35. GENERAL: All matters and questions not covered by these regulations are subject to the decision of the Association. The Association may amend these rules and regulations at any time and all amendments that may be so made shall be equally binding upon publication on all parties affected by them as the original regulations.
36. COMPLIANCE OF REGULATIONS: The Exhibitor agrees that his exhibit shall be admitted and shall remain from day to day solely in strict compliance with the rules herein laid down.